Reaching new customers that are actively looking for you - Local SEO vs National SEO which should you focus on?
Both of these facets of SEO possess the ability to be lucrative for the brand that implements them. Nevertheless, it is imperative that the brand's marketer understands the difference to have any true impact.
In previous blogs, I have discussed different elements of SEO that aids a brands. You can revisit them here:
- Is SEO marketing still effective for SMEs in 2019?
- What are rich snippets? Are you missing out on organic traffic?
- Discover how to boost your SEO ranking by increasing your page speed
- The FREE ultimate SEO playbook to rank your website in 90 days
- Domain Authority changes! Are you prepared?
- How to generate organic traffic to your website with a small budget
- 6 ways to increase your SEO link building campaigns
- How to boost your SEO prospects without paying for the lies!!!
- Internet Marketing: The Ten Commandments that'll bring success
I note numerous times that SEO is an imperative ingredient for marketing strategies. The rationale behind this ideology comes from the hard fact that SEO will inevitably decrease your ad spend budgets within time!
IF CONDUCTED CORRECTLY!
Let’s discuss some of the distinctions between Local SEO vs National SEO and you can then regulate which approach is best for your brand.
Implementing local SEO strategies are crucial for brands. Hubspot have acclaimed that 46% of all Google searches come from a local source.
SEO and marketing genius, Neil Patel is quoted by saying "If you’re a local business and you don’t have your local SEO in order, you’re missing an opportunity every time someone searches for your products or services online."
"There’s no point in a New York restaurant ranking high in Houston’s local search results. They want people searching for restaurants in New York to find them."
Neil Patel's insights reinforces the fact that local SEO campaigns should be the salient option for a brand that has a physical location.
By implementing this tactical approach, you can appeal to the right people that reside within a strict radius and/or geographic area surrounding your brand.
A targeted local SEO strategy is the way to cultivate the targeted audience for your brand. A local SEO campaign is about determining where your potential customers live, appealing to those customers and establishing your business as a part of the local community.
In my experience, local SEO is a great start for businesses whether they are SMEs or MNEs. This is because they're a cheaper and more cost-effective strategy in comparison to national SEO campaigns.
These following strategies should be implemented first and foremost to ensure that your local SEO strategies are given an advantage from the start:
- Implement the city name that your brand is situated within as keywords throughout your website
- Additionally utilise the city name in strategeic content locations
- Develop webpages in your website for each location that your business operates in. Then optimise these with resources and information that your target audience will search for online
- Register with business directories and upload your brand's NAP and maintain them
In oppose to local SEO strategies, location does not matter as much per se. In most cases when a business' target audience isn't restricted by geographic boundaries then a national SEO campaign would be a great idea.
Even though national SEO strategies are more complex and intense that their local SEO counterparts they are still a great way to optimise a brand's potential.
Although, it may be a little more pricey and a greater challenge. This is because unlike with local SEO, you are only competing with similar niches in the surrounding area. You will be competing with dragons nationwide.
Seeing as national SEO campaigns are a little trickier to conduct, I would advise to get in contact with me here to discuss how I can help you today.